09.03.2011

Full Disclosure

This blog is a mirror of another site and I plan to transfer significant posts one by one from there to here. Before that I want to explain the purpose of this blog, the intentions of the author, and the philosophy behind this blog project. 

At present I'm the only author and that is a serious shortcoming for two reasons:

First: it would be a big advantage to have somebody to correct or amend the analyses and conclusions in the blog posts and it would be undoubtedly helpful to view certain issues from differing angles.

Second: one main theme of the blog is gender inequality and feminism. I am male and therefore don't have the authority and legitimacy to discuss this subject in depth and in all its bearings.

To all female visitor of this blog: please help, any contribution is appreciated!

=====================

The main themes of this blog formulated both in negative and positive terms:

- Weapons, war, violence
+ Disarmament, peace, pacifism

- Consumerism, Capitalism, Globalization
+ Simple living, social responsibility, small-scale economy

- Gender inequality, abuse and violence against women
+ Feminism, support for and empowerment of women

- Environmental destruction, mass extinction, depletion of resources
+ Nature conservation, protection of animals, lifestyle change

- Gloomy prognoses, doomsday scenarios, nightmares
+ Bold plans, uncommon ideas, crazy visions, thinking "out of the box"

- Information overflow, TV-brainwashing, confusion and spiritual emptiness
+ Meditation, music and art in general, cats

=====================

A few informations about me:

I'm a music teacher and due to tenure and seniority financially independent. I started as a journalist  (Arbeiterzeitung Wien) before I studied on the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna. Twenty years ago I was an environmental activist and published for 6 years an environmental magazine "Umweltschutz Nachrichten" (in German).

The mentioned environmental publication started with some small copied leaflets but it grew constantly and had in the last year of its existence some 2600 subscribers. I only gave it up because the workload was too much and I was burned out.

The purpose of this website:

This blog is not a news aggregator though sometimes it will refer to news events as a starting point for general considerations.

There are many dangerous developments that could make life very uncomfortable for future generations (and even inconvenience myself in my remaining years). I try to describe the dangers and present my remedies here. Most of the texts will include a harsh criticism of the ruling class (politicians, bankers, CEOs, generals, millionaires, billionaires) and their minions.

If authorities takes notice of my writings (using data mining and computerized sentiment analysis), it could well be, that some of my recommendations, ideas, and visions will be earmarked as subversive or inflammatory. As long as free speech is allowed I will nevertheless use plain and simple words. It could be necessary though that one day I have to switch to more ambiguous and cryptic messages.

Future plans:

I hope to find co-authors (especially female authors).

It is said that the blogosphere is in decline and loses traffic to social media sites like facebook and twitter. The blog format suit me well though and I will try to increase traffic over time. I didn't promote my other blogs until now, because I was busy writing and wanted to create a pool of textiles first. But the archive is big enough to take a step back and reassess the situation. I will frequently repost updated and improved versions of old texts. I also intend to reorganize and sort the archived posts into more categories for easier access (if I ever have left time for this task).

I didn't use pictures until now in my other blogs because I feared that graphic files will slow down the loading of the page. I intend to use pictures sometimes in future posts.

This blog will never ask for donations.

Please contact me via a comment or via Facebook (search for "Wolfgang Masarie"). I'm not fond of Facebook but as a hub and portal to the blog it is useful

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen